Spring is finally here! Celebrate it with these colorful Rainbow Mickey Macarons!
Add a touch of Disney magic to this pretty and decadent treat by making them in a Mickey shaped and add beautiful colors perfect for this season.
They are perfect to have during a picnic or just as a treat at home. Making them is also easy and fun, all you have to do is follow this recipe from Disney Family:
RAINBOW MICKEY MACARONS
- 1 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- Purple, blue, green, yellow, red and pink gel food coloring
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 oz of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of corn syrup
- Mickey stencil
- Pastry bags
- Medium, round pastry tips
- Download, print and cut out 6 of the smaller Mickey stencils.
- Sift together almond flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl using an electric mixer, start creating the meringue. Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add granulated sugar to meringue with whisk on low. Increase speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in flour mix to meringue batter until just combined. Separate batter into 6 bowls.
- Add purple, blue, green, yellow, red and pink gel food coloring into each bowl. Gently fold color in just until batter is smooth but not loose and bubbly.
- Put Mickey stencils under parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Pour each colored batter into piping bags fitted with pastry tips. Pipe batter over Mickey stencils.
- While setting, make the ganache. Add chocolate and butter to a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until steaming. Pour over chocolate and butter and let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir cream and chocolate until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until just firmed.
- Fill pastry bag with firmed ganache to fill macarons. Then pair up each macaron color and place the bottoms up on a tray.
- Fill one side of the macarons with a dollop of ganache. Sandwich macarons halves together.
Credit: Disney Family