Put a not so scary twist to this camping treat, Monsters Inc S’mores!
These s’mores are far from scary, in fact, they are super adorable! They feature a Mike Wazowski marshmallow and Boo’s door! Plus plenty of chocolate of course, they’ll definitely have you screaming for more.
So gather your family and spend a day making these cute s’mores, all you have to do is follow this easy recipe:
MONSTERS INC S’MORES
- Lime green, leaf green, pink, purple, royal blue, and yellow gel food coloring
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows
- 1 (12oz) bag of white chocolate candy melts
- 2 packages of chocolate bars
- 1 box of graham crackers
- 1 lb (1/2 bag) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of meringue powder
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- Wax paper
- Piping bags
- Piping tip (#2)
- Kitchen scissors
- In a small mixing bowl, start by combining 3 drops of the lime green food coloring into the cold water. Once the food coloring is dissolved and evenly dispersed, drop in the marshmallows to begin the dying process. They’ll take the color fairly quickly so after about 5 minutes, use of the skewers to adjust the marshmallows to ensure all sides are being evenly coated. After about 10 minutes, remove the marshmallows using the skewers, place them on wax paper, and allow them to dry overnight.
- Once the marshmallows have fully dried, begin mixing the royal icing ingredients together. Then, separate your icing into 6 small bowls for each of the colors. Grab your white first and place it into a piping bag with the tip snipped about 1/4″.
- With the white icing, make a dime-sized circle slightly above the midway point of your marshmallow for Mike’s eye. While that dries, mix 2 drops of leaf green food coloring into another icing bowl and spoon it into a piping back with the piping tip. Create Mike’s smile, making a half circle just below the eye.
- Next, grab a third icing bowl and mix in 1 drop of leaf green and 1 drop of royal blue food coloring to create the color for Mike’s eye. Place this in another piping bag with the tip snipped on 1/8″ and pipe a round circle in the center of the white circle. Before the pupil dries completely, use your white icing again to create a small shine mark in the upper left side of the eye.
- Next up, the horns! Grab the melting chocolates and pair of kitchen scissors. Begin shaping the horns by cutting off the edges of the chocolate to create triangular shapes. Once the horns are cut, use the white icing to dab on the ends of each of the horns. Place on either side of Mike’s head.
- Now it’s time for the graham cracker doors! Start by melting down the remainder of your melting chocolates. Once completely melted, mix in 2 drops of pink food coloring. Next, use a butter knife to spread the chocolate evenly on your graham crackers. Allow the chocolate to fully harden for about 20 minutes.
- While the chocolate is hardening, grab the remaining 3 bowl of icing and add food coloring to each so you have a bright pink, purple and yellow.
- Place the purple and yellow icing into piping bags with the tips cut about 1/4″, and scoop the pink icing into a piping bag with a piping tip.
- To create Boo’s door, start by piping 4 pink, vertical rectangles. Then, pipe flowers with the corresponding icing.
- Now the best part! Stack your s’more nice and high. Start with a plain graham cracker as the base, add a layer of chocolate, pop on your Mike Wazowski marshmallows, and finish up with Boo’s graham cracker door. Continue for all the s’mores.
Enjoy while you watch Monsters Inc or Monsters University on Disney Plus!
Credit: Disney Family