Valentine’s Day is just two weeks away, so it’s time to start thinking of little treats for your favorite people, so what about these Mickey Valentine Cookies!
Put a twist on the regular candy hearts that are so popular this season and make the cookie version of them with this easy recipe we have for you! Everyone will love them.
All you need are a few ingredients, an icing pen and a Mickey cookie cutter! So let’s start baking:
MICKEY VALENTINE COOKIES
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 cups of confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 egg whites
- Food coloring
- Mickey cookie cutter
- Piping bags
- Icing pen
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4 – 1/2 ” thick. Use a Mickey cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the dough. Place cookies 1″ apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- To make icing, beat together confectioners sugar and egg whites for 5 minutes, or until mixture is thick enough to hold its shape.
- Divide icing in bowl and stir food coloring into each bowl to dye icing. Fill piping bags with icing. Cut a small hole at the ends.
- Pipe icing along the edges of the cookies and let dry.
- Then pipe icing inside the lines and use a toothpick to spread it out to the outline. Let dry until icing is completely hardened.
- With the icing pen, carefully write phrases on the cookies.
Credit: Disney Family