Raglan Road’s popular Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival is marked and underlined on The Disney Blog’s calendar every year. The food, the dance, the music and, of course, the atmosphere bring the best of Ireland to Central Florida as only Raglan Road can do.
In 2021, the festival is back, but with changes that put guest safety at top billing. Think of it as Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival – Unplugged.
The event promises to be more acoustic than electric. More intimate than boisterous. It will feature the same great live entertainment, with all bands imported from Ireland, and the same delicious Irish food and drink. But with reservations required to keep attendance limited.
“Everyone can enjoy the usual lively happenings and practiced hospitality, which includes gift competitions and loads of giveaways,” says pub co-owner John Cooke. “And it remains the best Irish hospitality experience in America.”
On St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, Raglan Road will open at 10 a.m. with a $10 cover charge for guests. Reservations are strongly recommended due to limited space. Each reservation is for a two-hour slot to enjoy the Raglan Road Irish Pub festivities at Disney Springs, with numbers strictly managed to guarantee social distancing is respected.
This year, the pub will enforce distancing, so gathering around bars or stages will not be permitted. The pub requests that guests respect their two-hour booking to ensure that as many of Raglan Road’s loyal fans have the chance to enjoy America’s finest St. Patrick’s festival.
The famed Raglan Road menu includes a huge range of Irish whiskeys, local craft beers and hand-crafted cocktails while choosing from the chef’s selection of authentic Irish dishes, including fresh-caught fish with chips. Those authentic fish & chips also are available to go at the adjacent Cooke’s of Dublin counter.
World class entertainers from Ireland!
The Mighty Festival – Unplugged! entertainment lineup will begin with the Raglan Road Irish Dancers, plucked from the casts and stages of the world’s greatest Irish dance shows. This troupe of extraordinary dancers will perform throughout the festival.
Entertainment on the main stage will include:
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. — The Byrne Brothers – This exceptionally talented traditional Irish music family from Donegal plays to their audience with vibrant charm. They are Luca (button accordion); Finn (banjo, mandolin and whistle); Dempsey (whistle and bodhran); and father, Tommy (guitar, Uilleann pipes, fiddle, whistles, bagpipes and bodhran). Their show combines exciting traditional Irish tunes with modern dance beats.
- From 1:30 p.m. – Slygo – A talented, energetic trio, Slygo combine their youth and heritage to perform a vibrant, uplifting mix of trad and contemporary Irish tunes and songs. Signatures of this talented group are their lively arrangements of renowned songs.
- From 5 p.m.-Close – Men of Aran – These two legends of the traditional Irish music world, Colin Farrell and David Curley, have toured, performed and recorded with numerous trad Irish music luminaries. They are gifted entertainers and masters of their craft.
On the Patio Stage, guests can enjoy:
- From 12:30 p.m. – Aaron O’Sullivan — A singer-songwriter/guitarist from County Cork, O’Sullivan entertains with a mixture of traditional Irish ballads and modern Irish songs.
- 6:30 p.m.-Close – Slygo (see above)
“While we’re taking precautions to focus on safety, we want to hold on to the fun and purity of a good old Irish festival,” Cooke says. “Whether this is your first, or one of many St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, we encourage you to join us for The Mighty Festival — Unplugged!”
Make your reservations for Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival, the most authentic Irish celebration in America, at www.raglanroad.com
About Raglan Road
Owned and operated by Irish partners John Cooke and Paul Nolan, Raglan Road features traditional Irish dishes and new food and beverage creations with a Celtic twist. The restaurant’s warm interior of aged walnut and mahogany woods from old Irish bars and churches was built in Ireland and shipped to Orlando. Live entertainment nightly includes a suite of shows featuring Irish bands and dancers. Guests also can enjoy shows beginning at noon during the weekend Rollicking Raglan Brunch. Food is served daily from 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday Brunch is served from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant is located at Disney Springs in the Walt Disney World Resort, 1640 E. Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista, FL.