Hello foodies! Today we have for you a delicious Boneless Impossible Short Ribs with cilantro-lime rice, danmuji slaw and kimchee mayo recipe that you will love!
Disney has been offering more plant-based options at its parks since they started a collaboration with Impossible Foods. You might have seen these options on the menu of Restaurantosaurus in Animal Kingdom or during Epcot Flower & Garden Festival.
“Using the Impossible Foods product is a game changer when it comes to plant-based offerings” said Epcot Culinary Director Al Youngman. “Its versatility gives you the ability to create multiple dishes and use different cooking techniques that enhances any menu.”
So to celebrate Earth Month, Disney chefs are sharing the recipe of one of the most popular plant-based dishes at Flower & Garden Festival so you can enjoy it at home!
BONELESS IMPOSSIBLE SHORT RIBS
Impossible Short Ribs
- 1 pound Impossible Burger
- 1/4 tsp of Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp of gochujang paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of chickpea flour
- 1 tsp of salt
Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of mirin
- 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp of sambal olek
- 2 tbsp of ginger paste
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp of water, divided
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp of black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of coarse salt
- 1/2 pound daikon radish, julienne
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and julienne
- 2 cups of jasmine rice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped cilantro
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp of kimchee base
- 1/2 cup of plant-based mayonnaise
- 3 baby bok choy
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds
For Impossible Short Ribs
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine Impossible Burger, five spice, gochujang paste, garlic, chickpea flour, and salt in a large bowl and stir until fully combined. Spoon into prepared loaf pan and pack tightly, making sure the top is smooth.
- Cover loaf pan tightly with foul. Fill 9×13 inch pan half way with water. Set loaf pan inside of water bath.
- Bake for 1 hour, until Impossible Burger reaches an internal temperature of 145F. Remove loaf pan from water bath and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Once loaf pan is cool enough to handle, remove short ribs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove from plastic wrap and slice into eighteen 1/2 inch thick rectangles.
For Korean BBQ Sauce
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, rice wine vinegar, ginger paste, garlic, sambal olek, brown sugar, and 2 cups of water in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium-low heat.
- Continue simmering for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons of water with cornstarch in small bowl. Slowly whisk into sauce and simmer until BBQ sauce is thick and sticky.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Danmuji Slaw
- Combine water, rice wine vinegar, garlic cloves, bay leave, peppercorns, turmeric, coarse salt, and sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and rest for 30 minutes.
- Place daikon and carrot in medium glass bowl. Pour cooled brine over vegetables. Rest for 30 minutes before serving.
For Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Place rice and water in medium saucepan. Bring to rolling boil, uncovered, on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cover with lid. Cook for 12 minutes, until water is absorbed by rice.
- Remove from heat and let rice stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with spatula or rice paddle.
- Add lime juice, zest, and chopped cilantro. Season with salt, to taste.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Kimchee Mayo
- Combine kimchee base and plant-based mayonnaise in small bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut baby bok choy in half.
- Bring a large stockpot of water to boil. Season generously with salt and add bok choy. Cook for 2 minutes, until tender. Place in ice bath with slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot. Add sliced short ribs and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until crispy. Add BBQ sauce to fully coat ribs.
- Place 1 cup of cooked rice in each bowl. Top with 3 slices of short rib and glaze with additional BBQ sauce, if desired. Add large spoonful of slaw to each bowl. Place 1/2 head baby bok choy in each bowl. Drizzle with kimchee mayo and top with black sesame seeds.
Credit: Disney Parks Blog