It’s baking time! Have fun with your family making these colorful Mickey Peanut Butter Cookies!
They are the perfect little treat to celebrate national peanut butter day! Plus they are really tasty and feature some delicious M&M’s.
This recipe makes 24 cookies so there’s plenty for everyone!
MICKEY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Nonstick spray or vegetable oil for cookie sheet, optional
- 2 dozen of regular M&M’s and 4 dozen mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing throughly.
- Spray oil or line a cookie sheet with nonstick liner and set aside.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls.
- Roll cookies in sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake until very light brown and puffed, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and lightly press regular size M&M’s into center of each cookie for Mickey’s head. Then place two mini M&M’s on either side as Mickey’s ears. Allow the cookies to crack slightly when pressing M&M’s into the cooke.
- Return cookies to oven for 2-3 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool completely.
Credit: Disney Family