Love is in the air! With Valentine’s Day getting closer, why not start to bake some delicious treats like these Mickey Chocolate Dipped Valentine Cookies!
They are heart shaped, dipped in chocolate and decorated to resemble Mickey! What else could we ask for right?
So have fun baking these delicious cookies and show everyone some love!
MICKEY CHOCOLATE DIPPED VALENTINE COOKIES
- Batch of sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)
- Red food coloring
- Disposable food preparation gloves (for kneading food coloring into the dough)
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Heart cookie cutter (about 2.5 inches wide)
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Dark cocoa candy melts
- Small microwavable mixing bowl
- White licorice candies – two for each cookie
- Knead red food coloring into the cookie dough. Then flatten the dough into a disk and wrap it tightly in plastic. Chill the dough until firm.
- Heat the oven. working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut heart shaped from the dough.
- Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
- Melt a cup or so of the candy melts in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Dip the top of each heart in the melted chocolate (if needed, gently scrape the back of the cookie against the rim of the bowl to remove any excess coating). Place the dipped cookies on a wax-lined tray.
- For the finishing touch, use daps of the leftover melted candy (applied with the tip of a toothpick) to attach a pair of white licorice candy “buttons” to the lower portion of each heart.
Credit: Disney Family