Craving those delicious Gideon’s Bakehouse Chocolate Chip Cookies? Well now you can make them at home!
We have a copy cat recipe so you can spend a nice day baking cookies with your family! No need to go all the way to Disney Springs anymore.
So get ready to start making these self-indulgent treats with this easy recipe!
GIDEON’S BAKEHOUSE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of cake flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 6 cups of chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tsp of salt
- Sea salt flakes (for sprinkling)
- Stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment
- 2 large bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie sheet
- Cooling rack
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube the butter into small cubes. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars for approximately 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Place a sieve over a large bowl. Pour the cake and bread flours into the sieve and sift. Add the sifted flours to the batter in the standing mixer bowl. Add the cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a wooden spoon and your hands, incorporate the chocolate chips into the dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Next, pour 4 cups of chocolate chips in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough from the refrigerator. Using your hands shape the batter into large dough balls. Cover the entire surface of the dough ball with chocolate chips, careful to keep its spherical shape.
- Place six dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookie to rest on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. Sprinkle each chocolate chip cookie with sea salt flakes, to taste.