Brace yourself, Disney’s Descendants 3 is almost upon us! And in the lead up to the highly-anticipated release, we know now is the perfect opportunity to invite your friends and family over for an epic viewing party this August.
From Descendants-inspired decorations to bespoke invitations and even yummy snack ideas… we’ve got all of your hosting needs sorted in this handy guide below. Happy viewing!
MAKE IT A MARATHON
Although it may be hard to believe, but some of your friends may not have gotten around to seeing Disney’s Descendants 1 and 2 yet. So, why not turn your viewing party into an awesome marathon?
This is a great way of brushing up on your knowledge of the plot lines hours prior to watching Descendants 3. It’s also a great excuse to revisit some of your favourite on-screen moments and keep your guests entertained with almost 6 hours of Disney goodness!
SET THE THEME
Transport your guests to Auradon prep by decorating the location of your viewing get-together. Create plenty of Insta-worthy snap opportunities by printing out some cool posters of your favourite characters to stick around, incorporating fairy lights, adding roses and even decorative vines to really kick off the mood.
Tip: Use silk table covers in violet, gold and red as backdrops to really bring out your display in a colourful, yet simple way.
FOOD, FOOD AND MORE FOOD
There’s nothing better than tucking into some delicious snacks during a movie. We’re here to make sure your guests have an array of nibbles to choose from that are both tasty and easy to prepare. Get everyone together with a combination of classic party food and a couple of warm bowls of popcorn for the ultimate Descendants feast.
Here’s a list of our favourite party food to choose from:
- Cupcakes: No viewing party is complete without movie-themed cupcakes! Whip up some red velvet cupcakes and use food colouring dye in Descendants-style colours for the icing, such as royal purple, bright red and deep violet for swirls of sweet, sweet goodness.
- Cookies: Satisfy your guests’ sweet tooth by having some colourful chocolate chip cookies ready to go for easy snacking.
- Fairy bread: Don’t forget this classic Aussie party treat!
- Candy apples: Give a subtle nod to Maleficent’s infamous red apple by presenting red apples coated in hard toffee. Mmm.
- Meat pies and sausage rolls: Your guests will eventually want to sink their teeth into some hearty food so have these classically yummy dishes on hand (especially if you’re going for the marathon). You can also add some cheese and spinach triangles for your vegetarian friends as well.
- Chips, lollies and mini chocolates: These snack staples don’t just make your food display look good, they’re also a sure way to keep your guests munching away.
- Popcorn: Don’t forget plenty of warm butter popcorn! You could even offer guests caramel-flavoured popcorn for some extra oomph.
Tip: Presentation is everything. Decorate your food display with Halloween-style decorations and think bright. Opt for colourful tupperware, napkins and plastic cups while adorning your snacks display with hanging decor, glitter and whatever else your heart desires!
IT’S TOTALLY AN EXCUSE TO DRESS UP
Encourage your friends to come dressed as their favourite Descendants character. This is a great way to spark conversation and take some memorable snaps you can cherish forever. Think leather, wigs and Maleficent’s horns (because why not?).
Tip: Look around your wardrobe and see what types of items you already own that could be pieced together to create the ultimate Descendants bounding look.
If you’re pressed for time and want to whip up something quick, a simple Facebook event will do. Just add in the details of your event and hit the send button. This is also a great way to keep track of who has RSVP’d to your viewing party.
However, if you really want to offer your guests the complete Descendants-themed experience, have loads of fun by crafting custom invites. Decorate them with Descendants-style colours and fonts, add pictures of your favourite characters and include your guests’ names in the invite for that personal touch. Share them via Messenger or text and wait for their responses to roll in.
Descendants 3 is set to premiere Friday, August 16 at 5:30pm on Disney Channel.
Posted 12 months Ago