This Spring add some magic to your garden with these Minnie Mouse Flower Pots!
Transform your garden with these beautiful flower pots inspired by Minnie! They are colorful and fun and a great activity to enjoy with your family. Making them is super easy, all you need is some terra-cotta pots and paint.
Follow this easy DIY from Disney Family and have fun!
MINNIE MOUSE FLOWER POTS
- Terra-cotta flower pot
- White, red, yellow, black, light blue, blue, and pink acrylic paint.
- Black felt-tip pen
- Decoupage glue
- Red and yellow craft foam
- White paper
- Hole punch
- Jewelry wire
- Hot glue
- Use a rag to dust off the terra-cotta pot. Paint the pot with a coat of white paint. Let dry completely.
- To create the light blue flower pot add a coat of light blue paint and let dry. Next, add Minnie’s profile, you can use a small paintbrush or a black felt-tip pen to add details. Seal the flower pot with a layer of decoupage glue. To make Minnie’s hat, cut out a small flower from yellow foam. Use the hole punch to punch out one white dot. Cut a short piece of jewelry wire to the back of the flower. Glue the other end to the back of the hat. Glue the hat and flower onto Minnie’s profile.
- To create the bow pattern flower pot, add a second coat of white pain and let dry. Lightly sketch out a pattern of bows around the pot. You can cut a bow shape from a cardstock to use as a template if you’d like each bow to be identical in size. Paint the bows different colors, alternating between black, blue, pink, yellow and red. You can also add little dots of color in between the bows! Once dry, outline the bows wit the black felt-tip pen, or use a thin paintbrush and black paint to carefully paint the outlines. Fill in the space around the dots with black paint. Once the paint is completely dry, seal with a layer of decoupage glue.
- To create the polka dot flower pot, add a second coat of white paint and let dry. Draw a polka dot pattern all over the pot with pencil. You can cut a circle from cardstock to use as a template if you’d like the polka dots to be identical in size. Fill in the space around the dots with black paint. Once the paint is completely dry, seal with a layer of decoupage glue. Cut a bow shape from red craft foam. Use the black felt top marker to create an edge outline and bow details. Hot glue the bow to the top of the pot.
- To create the red flower pot, add a coat of red paint and let dry. Use a pencil to draw polka dots in various sizes all over the flower pot. Paint the polka dots with yellow, white, blue, and pink paint and let dry completely. Use a black permanent marker to draw daisies on each circle. On one circle, draw Minnie Mouse! Coat the entire flower pot with decoupage glue to seal your design.
- Plant a flower into the pot, and voila!
Credit: Disney Family
This site contains affiliate links to products on Etsy, ShopDisney and Amazon. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.