Walt Disney World began it’s phased reopening earlier this month. The theme parks, Disney Springs, and some of the resort hotels are open and welcoming guests back. Disney also released a schedule for when other select resort hotels will be opening. Today we have news that Disney has made changes to that schedule.
At this time Disney is adjusting the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows:
- July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn were previously listed on that schedule but they have now been removed. Those two resorts will remain closed until further notice.
Guests who are impacted by these changes will be moved to one of the Disney Resort hotels that will be open during their stay at no additional cost. If you are one of the guests impacted, contact your travel agent or Disney directly to discuss your options.
- Changes to Disney World’s Hotel Reopening Schedule – July 27, 2020
- Disney bans Masks with Valves or Holes – July 27, 2020
- Is Disney Working on Seasonal Star Wars Festivals? – July 27, 2020