If you like ice cream and cookies then you will love these Hidden Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches!
They are the perfect little treat to have for any occasion, it doesn’t matter if you are celebrating a birthday, mother’s day or you are just craving something sweet. Plus they are super cute and easy to make.
All you have to do is follow this recipe from Disney Family and have fun!
HIDDEN MICKEY ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- Small Mickey cookie cutter or Mickey template in case of not having a cookie cutter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of rainbow sprinkles
- Various ice cream flavors
- 3 1/2″ round cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- With a stand or handheld mixer on medium-low speed, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until they are well combined.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, and add dry mixture to the wet mixture, one cup at a time, until it is completely incorporated. Add the rainbow sprinkles and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, let’s prepare the ice cream to make them sandwich ready. Scoop each flavor of ice cream to create one layer at a time (each should be 1/2″ thick). Scoop vanilla ice cream first into the cake pan and flatten it out. Then add the chocolate, followed by strawberry ice cream to create 3 separate layers. Place into freezer for it to set.
- Take cookie dough out from the fridge and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Roll out the dough to about 1/4″ thick.
- Cut out circle shapes with round cookie cutter. Then for half, cut out a mini Mickey shape in the center (either with cookie cutter or a knife and the Mickey template).
- Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden on the edges. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack before assembling the ice cream sandwiches.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer. Using the same cookie cutter you used to cut the cookies with, cut circles into the pan of ice cream and carefully lift the ice cream discs out. Place in between 2 cookies with the Mickey cookie on top so the ice cream shows through. If the ice cream has softened, place back into the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
Credit: Disney Family